Friday, July 8, 2011

Did someone say tupperware?

I get a lot of people asking me how it is i can be so organised to eat up to 8 meals a day. Well i believe the time spent in the kitchen prepping clean meals is JUST as important as yout time spent in the gym lifting heavy. Ok, truth is, id much rather be in the gym lifting than cooking my meals - but its all part of the process with competing. So here is what it looks like in our kitchen every 4 days....





Yes, that is 20 containers...4 days worth of brocolli, chicken, rice, sweet potato and a couple of other bland things. Being prepared like this, is half the battle of prep and something most people are not willing to do - hence the small amount of competitors each year!
So today I had a session with my coach Glenn. Glenn is a maniac. Glenn makes me do things that i would never have dreamt possible. Case in point, i did 140kg leg press this afternoon. That is 2 of me plus my dog Niko - and Niko is not slim. Sorry Niko.
At one stage i had Glenn on one side spotting me and Michael on the other...you know your in serious trouble when u have 2 big boys spotting u! I thought i might throw up, or cry, or scream at Glenn - or possibly all 3 all at once...hmmm tricky. But i love it. I love to train heavy. I love the ache in my legs for days afterwards, and more importantly, i love how it makes my legs look on stage when i have stripped off the fat!
So prep is going awesome. I have put all my demons to rest and am not playing anymore. No one can do this but me, im in the right mindset - i know what to expect with prep so im mentally prepared when the going gets tough - and boy oh boy does it get tough...BUT you will never see me bitchy or narky or miserable in the gym. Oh tired for sure, no question. But never moody. I think being in contest prep and being moody has got a bad reputation. Clients say to me all the time 'oh poor Michael, your in prep, he better get used to the mood swings huh?!!".
Ummmm no actually, i dont allow myself to be aggressive, moody, bitchy or disrespectful of people just because im in prep and short on carbs. If you walk around moody all day, then you probably should think about partaking in a different sport. I think people tend to give themselves a hall pass cos their in prep. Well i dont think that way at all. Check your attitude at the door people - u choose how you behave, carbs or no carbs.
So im plugging away, making great progress and enjoying the process again. I love the support i get from my coach glenn, my husband, the trainers at our studio and the clients - so thanku all!
Oh surprise surprise its nearly time to eat again...til next time...xx

No comments:

Post a Comment